Under SWIFT (Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication) By-Laws each country organises a SWIFT National Member Group (NMG) and SWIFT National User Group (NUG). SWIFT UK Ltd (“SWIFT UK”) is the legal structure that both the NMG and NUG have chosen to undertake their work on behalf of the UK SWIFT community.
The UK was one of 15 founding member countries of SWIFT and SWIFT UK is one of the oldest NMGs. Our aim so to bring together SWIFT users based in the UK to ensure the UK community has a leading voice that can provide feedback directly to the SWIFT Board.
- receive updates and insights from SWIFT SC which are disseminated to the UK Community
- provide our members with invaluable networking and industry engagement opportunities
- identify, monitor and research current and emerging issues
- undertake lobbying
- influence key stakeholders
- form common UK agreement on policy
- discuss key developments such as ISO 20022
- facilitate communication and collaboration between SWIFT SC and its UK users and shareholders
- provide effective representation for our members, protecting their interests and co-ordinating their views.
Currently, 800 leading UK banks and institutions are users of SWIFT.
Membership of SWIFT UK is open to the entire community of SWIFT users in the UK and we welcome all UK SWIFT users to “Join SWIFT UK Ltd” to help enhance the UK community voice to shape future SWIFT SC’s initiatives, engage in global horizon scanning opportunities and inform the SWIFT SC strategy implementation.